- Suitable for use with manual/automatic up and over, side-hinged, roller and sectional garage doors.
- Comes as a complete kit (with everything you need to fit the GARADAM)
- Suitable for installation on a concrete, asphalt, black top or epoxy flooring. If installing on epoxy flooring, it is recommended the area of installation is lightly scuffed with sandpaper before securing the seal.
- Prevents leaves, dust, debris, small rodents and wind-blown rainwater from entering the garage.
- Unique design has been rigorously tested to ensure the GARADAM stays in place when driven over.
- Designed by a fully qualified British Industrial Designer
- Easily fitted to the floor by high-quality MS polymer sealant
- Made from a durable thermoplastic material that unlike rubber, won’t fade or degrade in exposure to extreme weather.
- Environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable
There are 4 available lengths - 2.52m (8'3"), 3.12m (10'3"), 3.73m (12'3") and 4.95m (16'3"). Longer lengths can be achieved by installing seals end to end and securing with extra adhesive. Please allow slight deviations in the height of the seal due the extrusion process during manufacture.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT HEIGHT I NEED?
That’s easy, to determine the height most suitable for your garage simply measure the gap between the bottom of your door and the ground with the door closed. Be sure to measure in 3 or 4 points along the door to ensure you’re accommodating any differing heights. We then recommend purchasing the seal slightly higher than the biggest gap. If there is no visible gap and a small amount of water ingress, the 15mm or 20mm seal should suffice.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE GARADAM AND THE OTHER SMALLER THRESHOLDS?
The 50mm high GARADAM is the highest seal available from Garadry. Designed for maximum protection and peace of mind against storms, debris, rodents and leaves. Keeping your garage dry and clean whatever the weather.
DOES THE RAISED HUMP OF THE GARADAM FIT IN FRONT OR BEHIND THE GARAGE DOOR?
The raised hump on the top of the threshold fits behind the garage door to ensure that a tight seal is formed when the garage door is in the closed position. If installing further back behind the tracks rather than ‘notching’ around the tracks, it is recommended GARADAM Side Caps are used to prevent water pooling and spilling over the sides (see below)
IS THE GARADAM THRESHOLD EASY TO FIT?
Yes. The Garadam shouldn’t take too long to install and comes with easy-to-follow fitting instructions. We recommend asking someone to help when installing the GARADAM due to the weight, it is 2 person lift.
IS THE GARADAM ABLE TO WITHSTAND THE WEIGHT OF A VEHICLE BEING DRIVEN OVER IT?
Yes, the threshold is secured to the floor by an extremely strong adhesive. Please see our weight guidelines for more information about a suitable seal for your vehicle and be sure to allow 24hrs from installation before driving over your new GARADAM seal.
HOW DOES THE GARADAM PERFORM IN DIFFERENT WEATHER CONDITIONS?
Our threshold seals can handle extreme temperatures without any changes in performance. Our specialist sealant/adhesive does become slightly harder to apply in lower temperatures but once installed it will work just fine. If you can, install the threshold above freezing to ensure you get the best seal.